Finally, you can buy an affordable, dual-SIM smartphone that’s as rugged as you need it to be. The unlocked R1 rugged smartphone from NUU Mobile is certified to the highest standards and ready for anything you throw at it – or throw it at.
Whether you camp out, work construction or are just generally hard on phones, the new rugged R1 is what you’ve been looking for. Don’t worry about dropping the device, or getting it wet or dirty. The durable phone carries an IP68 rating from the International Electrotechnical Commission, the top rating available for protection against water and dust.
The military-grade R1 smartphone also provides you with 4G LTE connectivity, carries cameras front and back, and employs the Android™ Oreo™ operating system. Expanding upon NUU Mobile’s goal of providing you with high-quality technology at an affordable price, the rugged smartphone features:
- Water and shock resistant, dust proof construction. The R1 can withstand immersion in up to 5 feet of water for 30 minutes. It’s impervious to dust and is also shock resistant.
- Durable components. Made from solid aluminum, the R1 features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 windows encased in a solid polymer rubber housing.
- Premiere operating system. Android 8.1 (Oreo™), from Google, runs on the device. Includes pre-installed apps for major Google products.
- Powerful battery. The 4,000 mAh lithium polymer battery lets you talk for up to 20 hours on one charge. On standby, the R1 can last for days.
The rugged phone is designed for active people who regularly expose their smartphones to the elements. If you work or play outdoors, the R1 is ready when you are. For under $150.
Certified to the Highest Standards, NUU Mobile’s R1 Phone is Ready for the Rugged Life
The brand-new R1 budget smartphone carries an IP68 certification, the highest level of ruggedness testing available to smartphones.
In controlled environment tests, the R1 successfully withstood immersion in nearly five feet of water for up to 30 minutes. That doesn’t mean you can swim with your R1, but if you drop yourphone in the lake and then snag it back quickly it won’t be ruined.
The R1 also can withstand whatever weather conditions you may find yourself in. Whether it’s freezing cold or scorching hot, it works smoothly at temperatures ranging from -22°F (-30°C) to 140°F (60°C).
The R1 has been tested against unwanted penetration by wires, screws and tools. In testing, the R1 was exposed to dust for eight hours and experienced no penetration. Specifically, the phone’s IP 68 standards feature:
- Solid protection. The first digit in the IP certification number, 6, refers to level of protection the device exhibits against solid obstructions. Level 6, the strongest solid protection available, means the device offers “protection from contact with dust.”
- Moisture protection. The second figure in the certification, 8, is the highest level of moisture protection awarded by the commission. The 8 means the device affords “protection from immersion in water with a depth of more than 1 meter.” One meter = 3.3 feet.
The military-style testing also examined the R1 for resistance to vibration, shock and extreme temperatures. The rugged R1 phone passed all the commission’s tests with flying colors.
All the Features You Need in a Rugged Smartphone, At an Affordable Price
You can spend more than $1,000 on a ruggedized smartphone. Or you can own the R1 for a fraction of the price of the most expensive rugged phone.
The R1 smartphone measures 5.8 inches by 3 inches. It’s about ½-inch thick, with a 5-inch screen offering 1280 x 720 display resolution. The R1 features front and rear cameras, dual SIM-card capability and a full suite of Google applications. Along with Google Maps, the rugged R1 also contains sensors – such as Proximity, Accelerometer, Digital Compass – that help you travel safely in the outdoors.
The R1 is an unlocked smartphone that operates on GSM networks, such as AT&T and T-Mobile. The high-tech smartphone’s technical specs include:
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor;
- 2 GB RAM;
- 16 GB ROM;
- 32 GB expandable memory;
- 8X front camera;
- 2X rear selfie camera;
- WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2.
Invulnerable to rain, dirt and dust, the R1 smartphone features impact-resistant glass encased in a protective rubber coating. If you’ve been waiting for a durable phone that you can actually afford, check out the new R1 from NUU Mobile.
To learn more about the new R1, visit the NUU Mobile website, or Amazon.com.